Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Merry Christmas with Mom and Eddie

Eddie and I attended Christmas Eve Mass last night followed an entertaining Thai food dinner. The entertainment portion was us trying to test our abilities to tackle the chili sauces and peppers on the table. The endorphin rush was fun, and we couldn't stop laughing, because it was so hot. Upon my mom's arrival on Christmas day, we whisked her away to dim sum, where there was no wait. This could be a future holiday tradition. We opened a ton of gifts. This was my first Christmas meal I prepared since Eddie moved to SD that I'm proud of. Everything turned out great and finished cooking at the same time. Mom and I are off to a workout, massage, and shopping tomorrow. Fortunately, mom brought some food so I'm off from cooking tomorrow. Saturday, we have plans to see Wolf of Wall Street, a movie Eddie's been wanting to see for a long time.

Our Holiday Menu:
  • Cheese, Summer Sausage, Red Grapes, Crackers
  • Turkey Legs
  • Glazed Ham
  • Stuffing
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Roasted Celery, Carrots, Onions
  • Jasmine Rice
  • Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Egg Custard Pie
Drinks:
  • De Margerie Grand Cru Brut - a gift from colleague - everyone raved about this champagne
  • Martinelli's Apple Cider - my personal favorite
Mom, Eddie, and the Feast

No comments:

Post a Comment