Monday, January 13, 2014

Simba - The Lost Dog

On Saturday mornings, I meet with my awesome running coach for longer runs. This weekend, we met up at Rancho Santa Fe, a quiet slightly inland community lined with trees, rolling hills, and soft dirt terrain. We finished our 9 mi run when a dog with a collar stopped to stare at us. Initially, I thought perhaps it's owner was around the corner, but when the dog stopped by again, it was clear that she was lost. I called to her, and she came to immediately. She had a collar, but no tag. As soon as I opened the car door, she jumped right into the passenger seat. Dogs can get fearful if they're in a small space, so as I reached for my GPS, she barked at me. My running coach and I tried to get her to the back with no success. Fortunately, a nice man walked by with a rottweiler who graciously assisted us with coaxing her to the back where I could safely enter my car and drive her to the Human Society. I met up with what looked like a Pet Police Officer who knew the dog since this was the second time she was lost. Simba also had a chip so they could identify her and the owner. I hope her owner takes better care of her this time. I didn't' eat until 2 hours after the ordeal and had to detail my car and return the leash borrowed by the man with the rottweiler. Boy what a day. In between, I made a pot roast in the slow cooker, which turned out fantastic.

Simba, 11yrs old

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! She's lucky that you found her.

Post a Comment