Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Kick Off

Our holiday kick off began with our company holiday party at the Estancia in La Jolla. We gave the night high marks based on good food, and a great table of friends, plus I won a drawing two years in a row  - this year a $50 gift certificate to Flemings. Score! Eddie hinted that it would be great to kick off the holiday season with a Christmas show. So taking note, I surprised him with tickets to a  local theatre production, Humbug, The Holiday Spectacular, a musical play sure to cheer up any humbuger. There's more to come with a Christmas Eve Mass and Mom arriving in SD on Christmas Day.

Two surprises came early - we received a beautiful flower arrangement from Patricia and Dougie! Thank you - they are perfect on our table! Then I had a visit from my college buddy Khanh. After a fabulous 7.5 mi run with my running coach, we headed to Phil's BBQ and couldn't resist ordering pork AND beef ribs. Another bonus of running besides the endorphin rush is that food just tastes really really good!  I was in BBQ bliss. With Eddie back from his business trip and home for a while, we're looking to hunker down for the holidays. I'm looking forward to making my turkey chili sometime this week, opening gifts, and spending time with Mom.

Before the play...a holiday humbug.

After the play...filled with holiday cheer.
We danced all night - Me, Katrina, Tiffany, Nicole, Sally, Diana (missing in action)
My friend Grace and I at our company Christmas party. Our glamour shot.


That thing in the middle is ONE beef rib. Holy cow!

Can you believe we ate most of this? Check out the onion rings on the right. HUGE!

At Sushi, so glad my Eddie could meet my college buddy.
Beautiful Christmas Centerpiece from Patricia and Dougie! What a nice surprise.
Gifts are looking pretty under the tree...I spy a Tiffany's bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment