Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Story of Our Engagement

It's been really busy, but there's no excuse for not sharing the story of our engagement. Eddie planned a weekend getaway, but wouldn't disclose where we were headed. I had been suffering from bronchitis for a month so I was glad to enjoy some rest and relaxation. While Eddie pretended to get lost, he turned into the Pelican Hill Resort, a luxurious resort I had visited for a work event. I told him it was amazing, and it did not fall short of our expectations. Quiet, exclusive, and pristine, it was a world away from everything - the perfect place for a proposal.


Our first night - little did I know, this is Eddie's first time tasting mochi ice cream but also his last night as a unengaged man.
My Aunt Tina and Aunt Karen with Hercules celebrating St. Patrick's Day the with no idea what was planned. Only my Dad knew and like a gentleman, Eddie asked him in advance. Dad was overjoyed and said "yes" right away.
We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant.
We had a complimentary dessert sampler to end the meal. How grand is this? After dinner, he asked if we could take a walk. Since I was sick, I was reluctant, but somehow he convinced me to go along.
 It was dark outside and it felt like there was no one else outside except for us. We ended up here at the Rotunda. With no one else in sight, Eddie bent down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said "yes"!



We finished an entire bottle of champagne and called our loved ones. First bling shot ever.
As you can see from our balcony the next day, everything looked a little bit brighter. An unforgettable weekend and a new future together never looked better.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the engagement story! Eddie did good :)

Post a Comment