Sunday, June 21, 2015

Palm Springs and a Veggie Panini

Heading to Palm Springs on vacation, we didn't know if we would revert to our old ways and make bad choices. I almost fell out of my chair when Eddie ordered a Veggie Panini. I never thought my meat loving husband would every voluntarily choose to order this, but Eddie does continue to amaze and surprise me despite being together for four years now.

Dairy will be the toughest for me to give up. I love eggs and ice cream occasionally. I may source some local farm eggs at the farmer's market moving forward. I may not give up fish. I do feel better in my heart and body having eaten no chicken, beef or pork in the past 3 weeks. This will be a work in progress.

We stayed at a new hotel, and we lounged at the pool practically the whole day in 100 degree temps. Any fantasies of living in Palm Springs were dashed by the sweltering heat this past weekend. It was nice to get away, and seeing that we're both looking to change to healthier lifestyle, I was glad to see us making better choices, not just to shed a few pounds here and there, but to really treat our bodies well from the inside out. One documentary I saw talked about how we spend so much money putting on make up or buying expensive creams to make us look better, why not treat yourself well from the inside out. What a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment