Monday, December 31, 2012

Family Reunion - Santa Ana

We drove 1.5hr north to Santa Ana for my family's Third Family Reunion. Our 12 course meal began with my cousin's lion dance troupe. Seeing the lion dancers brought back some great memories of new years as a child. These lions dance to the music of drums, which are meant to ward off bad spirits. Everyone was in high spirits during the event and Eddie met 50 of my extended family members. Consistent with any family gathering, food was central. First day, we had Korean all you can eat bbq - a crazy busy place where we cooked our own meat at the table. Fortunately my brother actually enjoys working the grill. Eddie and I helped out too - with the eating! We were able to squeeze in a gym workout with my mom and Eddie the next morning, who ran 8 miles in between the feeding frenzy. Following our 12 course dinner that day, we mozied down to a tea cafe downstairs for boba drinks and a family photo. It was freezing, but about 30 of us stood outside chatting. By 10:30p, my mom, bro and sis - in law decided to drive to Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, but not without some a star sighting, Elvis! Next day, we enjoy a light lunch of dim sum (yeah right), and it's goodbye to my family for now.

Lion Dancers

Here they come

My brother taking a photo - Eddie scratching his head, "Hmm...wonder what we're having for dinner?"

No comments:

Post a Comment