Monday, October 14, 2013

The Grill Master General

Who knew Eddie had a gift for grilling? We broke in the new grill with some hot dogs and drumsticks. Next up, maybe ribs. I had some leftover ground turkey so I made dumplings for the first time without Dad. It was nice to have Eddie wrap a few even though I teased him for overstuffing them. Wish our family was here to enjoy the good food and fun. We have some great trips to look forward to, but somehow they just seem so far away at the moment. To pass the time, I've signed up for my 7th half marathon - Run with the Jets when I visit my family in a couple of weeks. What's exciting about this is that my mom will be walking the 5k so we'll both celebrate with medals! Here's to a eating well this week!


Grill Master General in motion.


Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. 45 min on the grill on med-hi heat.
Drumsticks were crispy and tasty.


Easy Dumpling Recipe
  • One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
  • thawed 1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey
  • 1 scallion, finely minced
  • 2 teaspoons ginger finely minced
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or sherry
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Squeeze out all excess liquid from thawed spinach. In a bowl, mix together spinach, chicken, scallion, ginger, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Wrap with potsticker wrappers. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until they float. 



No comments:

Post a Comment