Sunday, March 15, 2015

Grateful in San Diego

The weekend started out with a gorgeous run from Solana Beach to Del Mar. Since the forecast said 90 degree temps, I was surprised by the cool morning. The ocean breeze was perfect. The best part the course was heading back with the ocean to my left and the train tracks to my right. I don't know how my coach and I ended up running 8 miles, but by the time we got back to Solana, I felt grateful. I list endless reasons why I love living in San Diego, but the morning run encapsulated so much of what it means to live out here.


There wasn't much time to dwell in my post run nirvana. A quick trip to Starbucks, and I was off to shop for our BBQ. With a cart stacked high with groceries, I headed home. Thanks to Eddie who has now won the title of Grill Master General, we dined on some delicious chicken drumsticks and hot dogs. I made a pasta salad and a white sangria. Having spent hours building patio furniture with our handy man this week, it was incredibly rewarding to share a relaxing day at home with friends. What can I say, my husband and I make a great team.

With our taxes behind us, Eddie and I went out for Mexican food. Even that was amazing followed by a 3 hour nap. What a weekend.

You can see the running path on the left of the train. It's on a cliff so you have panoramic views of the ocean.

A strawberry smoothie for breakfast. So good after a run! 

Eddie's little bundles of joy - twin nieces!  Guess they didn't mind the beard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment