Sunday, November 16, 2014

7.5 Miles and a Surprise Trip to Irvine

Our weekend didn't start or end the way I expected. The schedule said 10 miles, but we ended up both running 7.5. With the sun glaring and the finish location just too close, I opted not to run the extra 2.5 miles. I just wasn't feeling it, but I was delighted to see Eddie walking towards me at the finish, greeting me with a huge smile. It was the toughest 7.5 I've done in quite some time. As all runners know, we all just have those days. After our run, we were eating breakfast when Eddie said he had a surprise for me. He had booked a getaway for us in Irvine! I had been wanting to get away for a while and I couldn't believe he had planned this for us. He took me home so I could pack, and after lunch, we headed up north.

Eddie had scoped everything out in advance. The hotel we stayed at was nearby plenty of shopping and entertainment. We saw Beyond the Lights, a romantic comedy that I'd wanted to see, and we both really enjoyed it. It was really nice to spend some time with my hubby. It was so thoughtful of Eddie to surprise me! What a gentleman.


Irvine Spectrum - it was great to spend the day walking outside.

They even have a ferris wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment