Saturday, September 22, 2012

When 10 Became 11

We got a late start at 7:30a, which sounds a little ridiculous considering it's a Saturday, but as seasoned runners - starting times can mean the difference between a pleasant run or enduring sweltering heat. Fortunately, it was perfectly overcast today, which helped our run tremendously. At the 5 mi turn around, Eddie began to turn back and I said - let's go for 11 mi instead of 10. He said he'll meet me at the start line, but to my surprise, I heard footsteps as I approached the halfway point and there he was behind me. That's how 10 mi become 11 mi! So next week, we are planning on running 6 or 7mi to take it easy before our half marathon on Oct. 7. That's an easy goal, which is doable despite my trip to San Antonio, TX for work next Saturday. So, we're taking it easy this weekend, no plans, just relaxing after a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment