Sunday, May 6, 2012

Feelin Ready...Sort of...

I can't believe we're in the home stretch. Eddie ran 7 miles this morning, a "light run" so he would feel energized for the race. My achievement for the week was run/walking 4 miles after coming back from a torn calf. The distance wasn't much, but it just felt fantastic to run again after a month off - doc's order - sooo frustrating!  My physical therapist says I should run/walk until I feel 100%. My goal is to getter done in 3:30. Eddie and I will meet up at the Music and Wine Festival where we'll be able to sample an unlimited amount of wines. LOVE my new running shoes by Brooks - the added support should help me a lot during the run. We stocked up on Chomps - gelatin to give a boost during our run, and I bought us fanny packs (way cooler than you think - they lay flat and can fit a cell phone/money/keys). Thanks to the great folks at the Running Center. We'll be returning when Eddie buys a new pair of shoes after the race. Highlights of the week:
  • Eddie returned home from work travel to Texas.
  • I saw Tim Tebow speak at the ChikFilet Leadership Conference.
  • Sunday - I made pork chops for dinner with Italian bread crumbs. Eddie was over the moon.
Little beer mugs for tasting at the Festival of Beers (Scottsdale)


No comments:

Post a Comment